Auto Express Recommended 2022 product DRV-A601W 4K Ultra HD dashcam. Auto Express said: “KENWOOD’s DRV-A601W unit has some features that we really like from a dashcam. Chief among these is a magnetic mount, making it much easier to remove the camera to keep it safe or swap between cars. KENWOOD’s online and smartphone viewing apps are also the easiest and most intuitive to use. In terms of footage, the KENWOOD’s daytime video is exceptional when it’s on smoother roads, as you’d expect from a 4K camera, and it copes well with rapidly changing light conditions.”
4K Ultra HD recording – there’s nothing better to capture the fine details – like a number plate. The DRV-A601W has a recording resolution of 3840 x 2160 – 8.3M pixels, 4 times the Full HD resolution (2.0M: 1920 x 1080), which allows it to reproduce more obscure images such as a licence plate detail. Connecting the optional rear camera (KCA-R200) makes it possible to record front and rear footage simultaneously.
The 3inch full-colour screen perfectly fits its camera without any loss of resolution. Allowing you to use the playback feature to review any footage captured.
Want to add Smart Parking Mode? Add the CA-DR1030 hard-wire kit for a permanent power supply, which activates this feature.
Video Capture Resolution: 4K
Mounting Type: Magnetic Mount
Item Weight: 1 pound
Display Size: 3 Inch
Voice Recording (Mic & Speaker) : Yes
DRV-A601W 4K Features:
- 4K Ultra HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder and Quad HD rear-view camera
- 3″ LCD display
- includes 26-foot power and video for rear-view cam
- also includes 64GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link
- dash cam records video files up to 3840 x 2160p
- built-in GPS
- built-in G-sensor
Kenwood’s 4K two-camera system
Kenwood knows that a dash cam isn’t much good if it only provides grainy video. With 4K Ultra HD recording capability and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) for a clear image night or day, their DRV-A601W dual camera system doesn’t disappoint. It loop-records the road ahead (and the road behind) and the wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi makes it so easy to access and share your video files. The camera also comes with a 64GB microSD card for storage, along with adhesive- and suction-backed mounts with quick-release functionality. Kenwood also gives you a vehicle charger for power.
- Looking back: This system’s second Quad HD camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or serve as a rear-view cam. Check out your dash cam and rear-view cam views on the dash cam’s 3″ LCD screen as well as on your smartphone, using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link.
- G-sensor and GPS: Kenwood’s built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link.
- Parking mode: This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood’s optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your parked vehicle is disturbed (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what’s in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
- High Definition Recording & Wireless Link: Dual Camera package is equipped with 8.3 Megapixel* 4K (Front Camera) and 3.7 Megapixel Wide Quad Hi-Vision (Rear Camera) recording and provides easy data transfer to your smartphone through Wireless Link. *In Dual Camera Mode, both cameras maximum recording resolution is 3.7 Megapixel. Rear cam must be turned off in menu setting to enable front cam 8.3 Megapixel recording.
- Megapixel Recording: 8.3 & 3.7 Megapixel High Definition recording captures clear video even while driving
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) for Backlighting: Easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
- Front & Rear View Recording: The DRV-A601WDP includes 2 dash cams: 1 to record in front of your vehicle and 1 to record behind your vehicle, all at the same time. The rear dash cam includes a 26’ cable that connects to the front dash cam, allowing it to easily be mounted to the rear windshield or anywhere else in the vehicle where you would like to record. When in Dual Camera Recording Mode, both cameras maximum recording resolution is 3.7 Megapixel (Wide Quad HD). Rear cam must be turned off in menu setting to enable front cam 8.3 Megapixel recording.
- Polarized Filter Included (Front Camera): Simply attach PL filter to front of lens to reduce windscreen glare/reflection. The filter has a rotating bezel, so that you can setup the reflection free lens exactly how you need in your vehicle.
- Supports micro SDXC/SDHC: microSDXC/SDHC card 8GB to 256GB supported.
- SD Card Recorded File Capacity
- 8GB Micro SD = 18 mins (1 minute x 18 recordings)
- 16GB Micro SD = 36 mins (1 minute x 36 recordings)
- 32GB Micro SD = 72 mins (1 minute x 72 recordings)
- 64GB Micro SD = 144 mins (1 minute x 144 recordings)
- 128GB Micro SD = 290 mins (1 minute x 290 recordings)
- 256GB Micro SD = 580 mins (1 minute x 580 recordings)
- *Based on default recording settings.
- Rear Camera Cable: 26′ (8m) power & video cable enable you to install the rear camera inside your car, truck, or RV.
Enhanced Vehicle Monitoring & Protection
- G-sensor & Built-in GPS: The DRV-A601W is equipped with a G-Sensor designed to detect a collision, and GPS that records speed, latitude, and longitude.
- Parking Mode Recording: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active. If the vehicle is subject to a collision or other physical impact, the cameras power on and automatically record 30 seconds of video.
- Super Capacitor: If power is lost, this prevents the recorded video file from being corrupted, as it provides enough power to allow the video file to close properly.
- Magnetic Mount: Quickly place and remove the dash cam. No cable to connect or disconnect from the dash cam.
- Adjustable Mounting Holder (Rear Camera): Adjustable Rear Camera mounting holder enables viewing position change by up to 180 degrees.
Set up and on the road including:
- DRV-A601W 4K ultra HD dash cam
- 64 GB SD-Card (Memory card)
- Anti-Reflection Polarised Filter
- Cigar lighter car charger adapter, 4 meter lead (12~24V DC), required for power
- Rear camera KCA-R200 for dual recording (front & back)
- CA-DR1030 Hardwire Kit – Installation of this kit gives you a permanent power supply enabling the smart parking mode. Plus no more messy cables!
- For extra peace of mind why not increase your warranty to 3-year
Buy kenwood DRV-A601W 4K Dash Cam If
You want crisp footage
The 4K resolution coupled with the overall smoothness of footage makes it very easy to see the road ahead, even in poor lighting conditions. At 161 degrees, the viewing angle is wide but it doesn’t have the annoying fisheye look of some rivals. Plus, the 1/2-inch CMOS sensors and 4K/30fps resolution allow for easy zooming into footage when transferred to a computer.
You want to add a rear-view camera
Although not included, there’s an equally excellent 2560 x 1440 rear-view camera available that plays nicely with the Kenwood DRV-A601W and results in almost 180-degree coverage of potential road moments, front or rear. It also packs Wide Dynamic Range tech for a digitally improved image.
You don’t need fancy extras
The DRV-A601W doesn’t come with lane keeping assist warning, tiredness alerts and speed camera recognition, which might be good news for those who don’t like incessant beeping – but bad news, if you like the additional safety features.
Don’t Buy kenwood DRV-A601W 4K Dash Cam If
You appreciate the finer things
Although it feels robust, the Kenwood DRV-A601W is predominantly fashioned from scratchy plastic. A dash cam has never meant to be an ultra-luxury item, but there are rival models that feel more premium.
You want high-tech features
What3words geo-location services and Alexa voice commands aren’t available here, which might put off those looking for cutting-edge tech. But as a dash cam, it will be fine for most.
You have limited space
The DRV-A601W is a relatively small unit, but there are more discreet models out there. For example, the Garmin Dash Cam 66W is tiny in comparison. On top of this, the magnetic “quick release” functionality, which allows users to remove the camera from the sucker-mount and hide the unit away when not in use, is sometimes difficult to get off.
Read more about Automotive and How to Take Care of your car and also Other Accessories. You can also Buy them