Nexar Beam Dash Cam
A car accident can be one of the most jarring and expensive experiences you will have. Most of the time, the other driver sticks around and is helpful to both you and the police. That’s not always the case. Sometimes, it can be hard to determine who is at fault, and even if you think you’re doing everything right before and after the accident, it could still land on your plate to pay for the damage. And sometimes people just, you know, take off and run. That’s when dash cams come in handy.
If you’re involved in a crash, dash cam footage can help clear your name if you weren’t in the wrong, and may even save you big bucks if your insurance company tries to screw you or it comes down to a court case over damages. The cameras, like the Nexar Beam Dash Cam we will focus on today, are typically mounted to either the windshield or dash. They capture footage in front of the vehicle—and some from behind—which can prove to be invaluable in showing which party is at fault in an accident.
Mounting Type: Suction Mount
Video Capture Resolution: 1080p
Product Dimensions: 3.74″D x 6.26″W x 3.31″H
Memory Size: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
About Nexar Beam Dash Cam
Beam is Nexar’s most popular dash cam. It’s tiny and easily concealable behind the rearview mirror. Beam records crisp 1080p full HD video and comes equipped with a suction cup mount and built-in GPS.
- The Best Dash Cam for Everyday Drivers: The Beam is Nexar’s most compact dashboard camera, easily concealable behind the rearview mirror. The camera records crisp 135° wide video in 1080p Full HD quality.
- Instant Evidence Straight to Your Phone: The Nexar Beam dashboard camera works only when paired to the Nexar app. The dash cam seamlessly streams live footage to your phone every time you drive, so video evidence is always just a tap away if you need it. The Nexar Beam Dash Cam app works in the background, so you can use other apps (like navigation) while driving. Nexar Beam is compatible with iPhones and top Android phones. Scroll to the FAQ section for more details.
- Smart Detection and Free Cloud Backup: The camera detects critical situations on the road (like collisions or sudden brakes) and saves them as short clips on the Nexar app. These clips are also automatically backed up to your free and unlimited Nexar cloud account.
- One Tap Insurance Report: At the tap of a button, Nexar can create detailed post-collision reports that save you time, money, and unnecessary stress when dealing with insurance claims. Nexar’s report summarizes key information from the crash, including video footage, driving speed, G-force impact, and location.
- Parking Mode for 24/7 Protection: Nexar senses even the slightest impact and starts recording immediately, even when your car is parked. Get notified and watch recorded parking incidents as soon as your phone is nearby and connected to the dash cam.
Nexar Beam Internal Memory
Upgrade your camera’s internal memory to hold more hours of loop recording.
32GB – 4-hour backup
64GB – 9-hour backup + $19 Recommended
128GB – 18-hour backup + $45
256GB – 36-hour backup + $80
What you get with Nexar Beam
1. Nexar Beam Dash Cam
2. GPS Suction cup mount
3. USB charger
4. 11.5 ft USB power cable
5. Installation tool & cable clips
Get1080p Full HD Video
Sleek and compact: The smallest Nexar dash cam.
Crisp 1080p HD video: With a 135° recording angle, nothing drives out of sight.
Loop recording: Up to 4 hours of recording on a 32GB SD card (included).
Easy installation: Everything you need for a quick 5-minute installation is included in the package.
A dash cam that keeps getting better: Unlike other dash cams, Nexar is constantly updated, offering new features and improved performance.
Easy to Use and Other Facilities
App Pairing: The dash cam pairs to the Nexar app, where you watch your videos and control your dash cam.
Automatic Recording: The app detects when you’re driving and the camera starts to record, without having to open the app.
Video Streaming: Records straight to the app. New drives replace older ones when your allocated storage is full.
AI Detection: The app detects unusual events (like crashes or hard brakes) and saves them as short clips.
Free Cloud Backup: All driving events and manually trimmed clips are saved to your free & unlimited cloud account.
Nexar Parking Mode
Eyes open. 24/7: Nexar senses movement and starts recording, even when your car is parked.
Save important moments forever: Nexar detects incidents on the road and automatically backs up clips to your unlimited Nexar cloud.
Easily submit insurance claims: Nexar creates insurance reports that include footage and data like speed, location, and impact.
Where did I park? Just ask Siri. Nexar will replay the last seconds of your latest drive, with a map directing you to your vehicle.
SOS? Help is on the way. Nexar detects accidents and immediately alerts your emergency contacts.
Facilities of Nexar Beam Dash Cam
- Drive relaxed: Your drives are always recorded to the app and important moments are backed up to your unlimited Nexar Cloud for free.
- Protect Your Car 24/7: Nexar Beam Dash Cam guards your car even when you’re not next to it. In case of an impact, your dash cam will start recording automatically. Get real-time parking & break-in alerts and live stream your dash cam video with the Nexar One dash cam.
- Be there for your loved ones: In case of an accident, Nexar can notify you right away. Nexar Emergency Alerts include the location, a dash cam video, and a one-tap link to dispatch 911.
- Easily submit insurance claims: Prove your side of the story using sensor data like speed, location, impact force and the dash cam video. Generating an accident report takes less than a minute.
- Can’t find your car? No worries: Nexar can show you your parking location and then navigate you directly to your car. Open the app, or simply ask Siri “Where did I park?”.
- Dash cams that keep getting better: Nexar beam cameras receive software updates with new features over-the-air. That means your dash cam gets more powerful every week.
Nexar Dash Cam FAQ
Is Nexar compatible with my phone?
Nexar Beam Dash Cam is compatible with: iPhone 7 and above | Samsung Galaxy/S/Note 8 and above Google Pixel 3 and below, Pixel 4 and 4a are incompatible | OnePlus 6 and above | Xiaomi: Redmi Note 5, Redmi 5 Pro, Mi 6, Mi A2 | LG: G6 and above.
Will the app drain my phone’s battery?
Like any app, Nexar uses some juice from your battery, but not a lot. The Nexar app runs in the background, only during an ongoing drive, so the battery consumption is minimal. You can use any other app while driving, it won’t interfere with Nexar Dash Cam.
How does the camera connect to the phone? Will the app consume my data plan?
The dash cam connects to the Nexar app using a WiFi signal (while not interrupting your data plan usage). If there’s a dangerous event, like a crash or a hard brake, the app uses a bit of your data plan to immediately save the footage to the cloud.
Is there a monthly subscription fee?
No. Your payment for the dash cam also covers your lifetime use of the Nexar app, cloud storage, and network.
Read more about Automotive and How to Take Care of your car and also Other Accessories. You can also Buy them